cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Cannot get Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Speakers to function on Envy Phoenix 850se

HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 850-065se
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just received a new Envy Phonix 850se and am getting all my hardware attached and functioning before moving the unit to Windows 10 (currently running factory build of Windows 7).    This product has Realtek HD Audio hardware and Bang & Olufsen software.  Both configuration screens allow for testing of the connected speakers, but only produce sound to two speakers that are plugged into the "green" jack.  The Bang & Olufsen config screen indicates that the 3 speaker inputs (6 channels)  should be placed across the green, pink, and blue jacks.  The Realtek config screen seems to show that only the "green" jack is being used for speaker output. 

I would like to get this last piece of hardware working before  performing the windows 10 upgrade.

Please advise on things to inspect and options to enable the 5.1 surround speakers to function.

Thanks,

RPH

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 3
33 22 2 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm far from an expert on this (in fact just read your question because I was posting a much simpler one) but I used similar Logitech speakers for a long time. The colours on the 3 Logitech plugs didn't match the jacks on my Asus motherboard or Soundblaster cards. IIRC, they were black, green and orange and it was always a bit of a guess work to find out how to connect them. I think it was the black one that would give me just the 2 front speakers and nothing else. 

Try diferent connections as the colours are not really any help... 

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks - I already tried all the combinations.

It made no difference.

Only sound through 1 set of speakers (Qty 2).

0 Kudos
Level 3
33 22 2 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didn't got the part where you say there is Realtek and B&O software... is it supposed to be like that? Can't you unistall one of them? One might be getting in the way of the other. I've google this and that seems like a comum issue.

What seems to work for some is unistalling every single sound drive you have, istall the latest Realtek one and doing the following (it's a copy/paste)

1.First Download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.37...

2.Install it....

3.Go to Control panel----->Sound----->Speakers(DoubleClick it)....

The Speaker properties windows appears in that go to Enhancements tab...Select the Speaker Fill ...

Then Check the speaker...your 5.1 or 2.1 wil works fine.....

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It turns out that the B&O interface is a HP re-branded Realtek piece of software.  It is one one suite of software.  I hestiate to uninstall the orignal HP build software (since they will likely tell me to reinstall it before they offer any assistance on this brand-new product that should support 5.1 out of the box).  If I don't get a better option, I can certainly unistall the HP stuff and install the generic Realtek software from their web-site.

Thanks,

RPH

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found a setting that works.

On the Z906 Control Console, Deselect ANY EFFECT (3D, 4.1, 2.1) and all the speakers work as necessary in the proper order (position).

Also for reference, proper connection was determined to be as follows:

Green (subwoofer) to Green (PC)

Pink (subwoofer) to Pink (PC)

Black (subwoofer) to Blue (PC)

Thanks for all respondents.

RPH

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation