cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
43 29 1 3
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Cannot login to Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Envy 23se-d394 Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Normally have no problems logging in to Windows 10 Pro. This morning I can hear the hard drive constantly running.

In the past if I had any issues I would simply hard start the machine by pushing the button. That would shut down. Then push button again and machine would restart. It would come back to sign in page.

But today that has not helped. I restart, then machine comes back to desktop picture, but I can't get beyond that. Machine is HP Envy 23se-d394 Touchsmart. Need some help.

Thanks so much.

Loy Banks
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
85,696 85,583 10,868 23,282
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you do auto updates ? If yes, machine could be trying to install updates and you killed it. Now, please leave it on wait and hope it can recover it self. After 2 hours, please check and post back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 29 1 3
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

Hi,

Do you do auto updates ? If yes, machine could be trying to install updates and you killed it. Now, please leave it on wait and hope it can recover it self. After 2 hours, please check and post back.

Regards.

I did that very thing this morning. Except I left it for 4-5 hours. But when I came back nothing had chnaged. Same problem.

Loy Banks
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 29 1 3
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LoyGramps wrote:

@banhien wrote:

Hi,

Regards.

I did that very thing this morning. Except I left it for 4-5 hours. But when I came back nothing had chnaged. Same problem.

I should also mention I'm not getting any response from the keyboard or mouse. Have also tried ctl-alt-delete without any success. If I could get to a restore cetting I could use that. Also tried holding F8 during bootup without success.

Loy Banks
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
85,696 85,583 10,868 23,282
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is a painful task to recover it. Please read the following information for more info

https://www.quora.com/What-will-happen-if-I-shut-down-my-laptop-during-windows-10-update-1

I don't think you have created a recovery disc for Windows 10 (not HP Recovery set) therefore my suggestion is to reinstall Windows 10.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation