Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion A1720n
Microsoft Windows XP

Iam having a issue getting to the driver page, I enter the serial number in and product number but it cant find

The driver page for this computer

Product number; RT641AA-ABA

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

When I do a driver search, I get this...your PC must be over 10 years old.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/retired-products

What XP drivers do you need, and I will see what I can find...

HP Recommended

It was the modem driver

HP Recommended

Please post the hardware ID for the modem.

To find the hardware ID, click on the modem device that needs the driver.

Then click on the details tab at the top of the modem device window.

Post the string of characters that begins with PCI\VEN.

HP Recommended

> Product Name: Pavilion A1720n

> Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Why are you bothering with a computer with an Operating System that has not been supported for 3 years (minus 1 week) ?

Access: www.bestbuy.com     and search for "refurbished desktop computers".

You can buy a refurbished computer, running Windows 7, for $98.99 US,

to get a "supported" operating system, and probably "double" CPU-speed/RAM/disk-drive, compared to your computer.

HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200C14F1&REV_00\4&1AF1648C&0&28F0

HP Recommended

Cause I do not like the newer operating systems,Xp works for me

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the driver that I have zipped up and attached below works for you...

HP Recommended

Thank you, But I actually manage to get the driver through one of those driver progams, But I will save that one you found

incase of a another computer crash, Thanks again...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.