cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JESUS86
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Cant remember my login password for hp slimline

HP Recommended
Go s5000 series BV605AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone im new to hp i purchased a pc and made a login password that i can no longer remember i can't even remember my hint and to make matters worse i have total acces to administrative settings please help thank you community

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> to make matters worse i have total acces to administrative settings

If you do have access, create a new "user", and give 'Administrator' privileges to that ID.

Logoff the current ID, and login to the new ID.

In the same "user" control-panel, select the original account, and change the password.

If you do not have access, Google-search for "Nordahl offline password".

Download this software, and burn it to a CD-recordable disk.

Boot your computer from this disk, and follow the on-screen instructions to "blank" the password.

Restart.

When prompted for the password, just press ENTER, to finish booting.

Then, set a new password.

0 Kudos
JESUS86
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you very much Doctor not only do you save people but you also save people m$oney.....if this works you helped me keep some money that i would not have had if it weren't for you ....Mr.k .....i will let you know with a reply if this solution works k ttyl....p.s is the software that i need to download free or is there a budget friendly product that will accomplish this task or please let me know this sir i appreciate you taking the time to HELP sincerely,Jesus.
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> is the software that i need to download free

Yes.

Beware of any site that asks for money to download this free software.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation