Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SKULLPAC Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant update bios

p6710gr

Hey guys today  i tried to find if there is any new update for my bios.But whenever i try to select my  operating system in the bar i can not find windows 10 What can i do? thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1602
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant update bios

The general rule is that one tries to update the BIOS _only_ when the updated BIOS will fix a problem that you have encountered.

Select one of the other available Operating Systems.

It's possible that an updated BIOS is available, but has not been "tagged" as being applicable to Windows X.

Most BIOS updates are _not_ linked to a specific O.S.

0 Kudos
SKULLPAC Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant update bios

Hello.I did what you said,the only update that was available was a windows 7 one,but when my pc installed the new Update and restarted it could not open.I had to restore some settings to a previous date + open it with safe mode in order to be make things right.Well almost right now whenever i boot it a windows 7 start-up image appears for like 1-2 seconds

and then the default windows 10 one. Plus my pc got a bit slower (can not open my net brownzer as fast as i could etc.)When i checked my system information though the update is installed.I have a new 6.18 version (My last one was 6.15)

Have i done anything stupid? If yes is there an option to reset my bios settings back before the update took place? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
SKULLPAC Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant update bios

Hm anyone that can anwser me please? Hp expert maybe?

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1602
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant update bios

> the only update that was available was a windows 7 one,

What problem were you trying to solve by updating the BIOS?

> when my pc installed the new Update and restarted it could not open.

> I had to restore some settings to a previous date + open it with safe mode in order to be make things right.

After the BIOS update, did you power-off the computer, power it on, enter BIOS-setup, and then select "Load Default BIOS Settings" ?

> Well almost right now whenever i boot it a windows 7 start-up image appears for like 1-2 seconds

> and then the default windows 10 one.

Can you use your smart-phone to take a video of what you see, post it somewhere (YouTube?), and provide a link to the video?

> Plus my pc got a bit slower (can not open my net brownzer as fast as i could etc.)

Let Windows finish starting-up, "calling-home", and updating things (anti-virus, Adobe, Java).

Start the Windows "Task Manager".   Confirm that Windows is "idle" (less than 5% CPU, no network activity).

Then, start the web-bronzer and see what resources are consumed while it is starting up.

> is there an option to reset my bios settings back before the update took place?

The BIOS is both a computer program (to control the motherboard) and a collection of settings.

Did you record all those settings before doing the BIOS update?

Did you try the "load BIOS default settings" (as above) ?

Can you go back to the web-site, and download and install the previous level of the BIOS?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation