Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (2,316 Views)

'Check Video Cable' error with HDMI connection

[ Edited ]

I have HP 2210m  monitor and HPE 570t computer. Graphic card is - 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5450 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter].

When I connect the monitor using DVI it works great.  It says 'Check Video Cable' when it is connected with HDMI.

I connected using both DVI and HDMI.  Monitor works good.  After that, I removed the DVI connection.  Monitor continues to work with HDMI.  I switched off the monitor and powered on the monitor.  The HDMI does not work again.  The restart does not seem to help.

I am using dual monitors and want the HDMI to work without any issue.  What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (2,315 Views)

Re: Check Video Cable with HDMI connection

Tried one more thing.  Removed the DVI cable from my second monitor (its a old HP f1905).  The HDMI works good on the first monitor.

If I plugin the DVI to the second monitor back, the first monitor (connected using HDMI) says 'check video cable'.

Both monitor did work for some time (couple of days).  Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation