cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
canninggm
Level 3
40 25 1 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chrome apps does not work with Chromebox

HPChromebox
Chrome OS

When I try top open  the page chrome://apps/  in HP Chromebox  this is the message I received 

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at chrome://apps/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Using Widows 7 the web page opens with no problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated 

Thanks 

Stan

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
9,204 9,099 744 3,339
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

Something is broken in Chrome. I search for a specific fix but coudn't find one for ChromeOS.

I have asked for assistance by another expert who could be able to help. Please, wait for a while.

If nothing helps and this option is important for you, you can try to perform system recovery to factory defult condition, here is how:

>> https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595?hl=en-GB

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03662058

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
canninggm
Level 3
40 25 1 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking them time to reply. I think this is another case of Google not supporting their own OS system  

Level 15
16,151 14,912 1,029 2,052
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@canninggm

@IT_WinSec

Tried the same URL on my HP ChromeBook 11, and received the same error.

Did some research on the Chromebook Central Help Forum and found this post:

Chromebook does not show apps when chrome://apps is typed into browser

It states basically that the URL chrome://apps does not exist in the Chrome OS.  You can prove this by typing chrome://about into a new tab.  This lists all the available URLs to Chrome.  chrome://apps is not there!

There was another suggestion in that post for an app called Extensity.

What exactly is the goal here?  My Chromebook works perfectly even with this minor "glitch".

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
canninggm
Level 3
40 25 1 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply . Like yourself my Hpchromebox works very well and I really am pleased with it.

The reason why  I wanted the chrome apps page is that sometimes I download an app but then I cannot find it on my Chromebox. I presume   that is sutable for another device but not Chromebox. I therefore wanted to find it  and delete it.

Unfortunately with Chrome apps  if you have different devices say a Chrome box and Android tablet  and the app works with the tablet  but not the Chromebox you will not get a message that the app is unsuitable  for your device 

Regards 

Stan

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation