Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a user running an HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF and Windows 7 Pro, all the latest patches.  We attached a second monitor to the display port using a displayport to VGA adapter cable and the image is all washed out.  Things that looko light grey on the VGA port look white on the displayport.  I've tried three different monitors, two HP L1911's and one L1910.  All look the same, washed out on the displayport but look fine on the VGA port.

I also tried two different displayport to VGA adapters.  The adapters are HP DisplayPort to VGA Adapters, p/n: 752661-001, purchased recently.

Any suggestions?  We tried playing with the monitor settings but couldn't make it any better.  Are there any settings in the system I should try?  Different drivers perhaps?

Thanks in advance,

Linn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved, I think(?)... Talked to HP Tech Support and it turns out the HP DisplayPort Adapter we were sold isn't compatible with the model computers we have, go figure.  Never would have guessed an adapter like this could have compatibility issues beyond the connector types.

Pulled an older adapter from another computer of the same modle and it looks much better.

Am now waiting on my vendor to get back to me about an exchange.

Linn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update: Tried running the monitor calibration in the Display control panel and found I could not adjust the Gamma sufficiently to reach the "Good gamma" settings.  Could not adjust the contrast sufficiently to be able to see the man's shirt buttons either.

Still seeking a solution.

Linn

HP Recommended

Solved, I think(?)... Talked to HP Tech Support and it turns out the HP DisplayPort Adapter we were sold isn't compatible with the model computers we have, go figure.  Never would have guessed an adapter like this could have compatibility issues beyond the connector types.

Pulled an older adapter from another computer of the same modle and it looks much better.

Am now waiting on my vendor to get back to me about an exchange.

Linn

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.