cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
yowill76 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq Persario SR5708F freezes

I cannot get into the bios. I went to Hp's website on this model, instructions are to press F10 right at start up, I did, but it displays Entering Setup... and does not move. Is there a jumper on the Mobo to reset the bios? 
The only thing that appears when I boot is the Compaq logo with the options F11 for recovery, Esc to boot menu and F10 to enter setup. I swapped out a hd earlier, trying to take a short cut, but I got the same message on the screen. It won't read CD Rom disk(i tried inputting a XP disk and a Ultimate CD) the green light comes on(the DVD-rom) but nothing happens. I don't think a recovery CD will work until I get it to response on the screen.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Teacher
Teacher
153 149 4 11
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq Persario SR5708F freezes

look at clearing CMOS here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01237548

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation