cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ecto Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Compatible Processors for A7V8X-LA / Kelut-GL6E

I have an a720n Desktop and need a replacement processor.  The motherboard specifications sheet only shows two compatible processors:

• Athlon XP 3200+ Barton Processor (2.20 GHz, 400MHz)
  • Athlon XP 2700+ Thoroughbred Processor (2.16GHz, 333MHz)

Someone I know has a Sempron 3300+ SDA3300DKV4E Socket A (462) that I could get.  I am wondering if this would work being the same socket, or do I need to purchase one of the listed processors above. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light for me.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
46273 40534 4386 11286
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Ecto wrote:

I have an a720n Desktop and need a replacement processor.  The motherboard specifications sheet only shows two compatible processors:

• Athlon XP 3200+ Barton Processor (2.20 GHz, 400MHz)
  • Athlon XP 2700+ Thoroughbred Processor (2.16GHz, 333MHz)

Someone I know has a Sempron 3300+ SDA3300DKV4E Socket A (462) that I could get.  I am wondering if this would work being the same socket, or do I need to purchase one of the listed processors above. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light for me.

Hi,

The two processors that are listed are the only processors that are guaranteed to be compatible with your motherboard. The custom HP BIOS is unlikely to have support for any other processor. Plug in other than those two and you are likely to get the "incompatible CPU" error message and an inability to boot into windows,

regards,

erico

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Blyte_Scrin Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my Compaq SW1303wm has the same Asus a7v8x_la  kelut GL6E  mobo and a

Sempron CPU  2.0 Ghz..  333  FSB, 512kb L2 ,128 L1 has SSE MMX and 3D NOW on die instruction sets

you can still find this cpu all over the place., like Ebay ... good performer for entry leave home computing

running xp pro 32 bit OS, 2x512 Gig. of  PC2 ddr2 2700 ram ( I think that is the max for this board.

i use both sata and ide headers 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation