Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ClockworkHoff Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Keeps Freezing.

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 

I am in dire need of answers as my computer constantly freezes.  I've spoken with Hp support several times within the last week and they have not given me a solution to solve my problem.

My computer which I bought of February of this year has had several problems within the last 7 months.  The freezing started about 2 weeks ago right before I left for a week long vacation.  When I called support they informed me my issue sounded like a software issue and I would have to pay for their services to remove whatever was causing the issue.

I have scanned my computer several times and thus no virus or problems.  I suppose I could have a virus and Webroot isn't detecting it.  

My computer doesn't have a set program or software that it freezes upon its all random.  I could be on google chrome for 15 minutes or orgin for 5.  

When I called yesterday they had me shut off my computer, unplug everything and hold the power button down for 30 seconds.  I was about to use my computer for 2 hours after that with no problems whatsoever.  

However when I got back on today within 10 minutes it was frozen so I repeated the same steps but now I have a mouse issue where my mouse doesn't want to pair with the computer.  But my computer is functioning fine and no freezing as of yet. 

So I would like to know if I should invest in the money to have them find and fix the software issue or demand they take my desktop and fix it properly as I still have a warranty?  I don't know that much about computers so I am at a lost.

Is there a better way to see if I do have a virus or something other than webroot?  I don't want to shell out spending money if I do not have to.

I have not changed anything on the computer other than the new mouse I bought a few months ago.  I update my computer regularly.  

Also i apologize if I didn't give all of the correct information or if I didn't place this in the proper spot. I'm new to this and would just like advice on what to do next. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
7771 449 840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Keeps Freezing.

Hi there @ClockworkHoff,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that your computer is freezing on you.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Have you checked your system for other online threats like malware?

HP PCs - Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10, 8)

Also what is the model number for your computer? HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Please let me know when you can, and if that malware suggestion works for you, and does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation