Last month, my HP Pavillion h8-1360t starting having issues during cold boots and reboots. Specifically, after pushing the power button or coming up from a reboot, the computer will appear to be booting (fans on and hard drives spinning up) but no monitor image. Then the computer shuts off for 10-15 seconds then starts booting again. This can go on for up to 6 cycles (so far) before video comes on and full boot-up is achieved. Once fully booted, there are no further problems with operation or performance. Any ideas what is causing this?
Removing the video card did not fix the problem. This is what I've done thus far:
1. Restored computer to factory state (reinstalled OS and programs).
2. Reset BIOS to factory default settings.
3. Removed the video card and used on-board video (DVI to VGA adapter). Note that my 27" monitor could not display the desktop correctly (no taskbar, start orb, etc.) and I never could get it to display properly despite adjusting settings on controller and monitor.
4. Diagnostics (F2) found no problems.
5. Reseated memory.
6. Moved DIMMs to different slots.
Note: During each reboot cycle, all fans (power supply, chassis, CPU) start/stop along with the reboot cycling, however, the green indicator light on the back of the power supply stays continuously lit - does not turn off/on, blink, or change colors.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.