cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Maddog45
Level 1
8 5 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Computer Reboots during boot up

HP Recommended
Pavillion HPE h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Last month, my HP Pavillion h8-1360t starting having issues during cold boots and reboots.   Specifically, after pushing the power button or coming up from a reboot, the computer will appear to be booting (fans on and hard drives spinning up) but no monitor image.   Then the computer shuts off for 10-15 seconds then starts booting again.   This can go on for up to 6 cycles (so far) before video comes on and full boot-up is achieved.   Once fully booted, there are no further problems with operation or performance.   Any ideas what is causing this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
dinu777
Level 6
Level 6
392 390 28 85
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

>>it looks like a video card issue 

>>you can perform a system test System Diagnostics (F2)

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Maddog45
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Removing the video card did not fix the problem. This is what I've done thus far:

1.  Restored computer to factory state (reinstalled OS and programs).

2.  Reset BIOS to factory default settings.

3.  Removed the video card and used on-board video (DVI to VGA adapter). Note that my 27" monitor could not display the desktop correctly (no taskbar, start orb, etc.) and I never could get it to display properly despite adjusting settings on controller and monitor.

4.  Diagnostics (F2) found no problems.

5.  Reseated memory.

6.  Moved DIMMs to different slots.

Note:  During each reboot cycle, all fans (power supply, chassis, CPU) start/stop along with the reboot cycling, however, the green indicator light on the back of the power supply stays continuously lit - does not turn off/on, blink, or change colors.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation