cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SJBAKE
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Computer Slow, Can't open my HP Support Asst.

HP Recommended
HP 19 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My computer is running very, very slow. Sometimes won't even load pages. I can't get anything to update. My HP Support Assistant won't open, when I click on it nothing happens. It did work but now all of the sudden it won't open anymore.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First guess: the disk-drive is in "imminent failure" status.

It is having difficulty reading/writing files, and the automatic "retries" are taking a long time.

It's time to take the computer to a qualified computer technicican, for proper trouble-shooting.

Or, if you power-off your computer, and then turn it on, is there a "prompt" on the screen, saying something like "press <blah> to enter HP Diagnostics" ???  If so, do it, and run the test on your disk-drive.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation