Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (1,304 Views)

Computer starts, but no login screen

[ Edited ]

Hello,

First, to know what computer your dealing with, it's a: CompaQ CQ2000 PC, with the system Windows 7.

When I turn the computer on, it's the regular starting screen, followed by the screen that tells to start windows normal, or Startup Recovery. Both of them don't work, and I tried to reset the computer with the power button, as removing all the dust inside the computer.

Then for information, when I select both Start Windows Normally or Startup Recovery, it shows a screen with
'Loading Files' That screen stays on like 1,5 - 2 minute(s). Then there comes a black screen for 4 - 5 minutes. Then you got the normal login screen, but then without the login, and the login just isn't popping up. My computer fell on a side the day before, and then I shut off the computer, and since then, my computer won't startup. Smiley Frustrated

Computer information I get from pressing F10, pressing File, then pressing System Information:

Productname:                  CQ2803ED

Articlenumber:                 B7Z36EA#ABH

Type Processor:               Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G540T @ 2.10 GHz

Processor Speed:            2100 MHz

Steps Processor:              000206A7 00000026

Cache Size (L1/L2/L3):  64KBx2 / 256KBx2 / 2048KB

Memory Size:                    4096 MB DDR3 / 1066 MHz / Single Channel

Channel A:                        XMM1 0 MB

Channel B:                        XMM3 4096 MB

Integrated MAC:               4C72B9093D95    (My computer doesn't have a MAC system! It got a Windows 7!)

System-BIOS:                    CO2_712.ROM v7.12

Serialnumber System:    CZC2383MFN

Some more information on the F10 tab: Storage Area

Device Configuration:

HardDrive

SATA0:    1 TB, HitachiHDS721010CLA630

Cd-rom

SATA1:    hpCDDVDWSH-216ALN

Storage Options:

SATA-emulation:     Choice between  AHCI  and  IDE

Boot Sequence:

UEFI-bootdevice

USB-floppy/cd

USB-vaste schijf

ATAPI   cd/dvd-station

Elder bootdevices

ATAPI cd/dvd-station

USB-floppy/cd

Hard drive

SATAO

Network Adapter  (Atheros Boot Agent)

I gave you all the information I got, and I hope that you can solve this brainbreaking problem for me...

Thank you already,

samside1234

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (1,272 Views)

Re: Computer starts, but no login screen

Hello,

For information, I proceeded to startup recovery, and it said the WDFLDR.SYS was damaged or corrupted. I got to know that that file is necessery to open Windows (and that it should mean that my harddrive is damaged? My computer fell on the side yesterday.

For sure I was able to open the recovery menu, and to try everything in the menu.

Startup Recovery - It can't solve the problem...

System Recovery - It can't find any backup's... Smiley Sad

Recover with a system installation copy - Maybe I should try to get the whole Windows 7 on a CD-ROM and try to start the computer from there...

Windows Memory Control - Says all is fine...

Command prompt - Just doesn't mean anything to me (Or can Windows start when I put a certain command in it???)...

So, anyone knows what I should do? It is a really headbreaking problem.

Thanks already for your help,

samside1234

P.S. Windows 7 on the CD-ROM is what I think the best thing I could do, or I have to purchase a new computer Smiley Sad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation