cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NVlitvinov Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer unable to play DVD anymore

HP 110 Desktop PC Series

Hello,

I need someone to help me with this. I have homeschoolers at home that have used this PC for watching their DVD with success, however, today they were not able to run the DVD anymore. It says that there is no disc in drive E when there is one.  I tried restarting the PC, Shutting it down, and finally reset the PC with no success. I believe that after resetting it, I lost the Power DVD 12 option to play the DVD. Do I really need to purchase it now to have it installed again or can I just use the windows media player. When i choose the windows media player it is also not able to play the DVD. Somebody please help...

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
16067 16011 1490 3561
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NVlitinov

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sounds like it might be a hardware problem with the DVD drive, and if that is the case, only replacing it is going to solve the problem.

My suggestion is that you try a different media player -- VideoLAN player (known as VLC), as I find that works great with everything I throw at it.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 575 1624
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree with the other person -- only a replacement of the actual DVD device will solve your problem.

Fortunately, this is quick & easy & relatively inexpensive for a qualified computer technician to do.

My recommendation: find a small "owner-operator" computer-store.  The owner will be glad to sell a new DVD device to you, to make some money for him/her, and, if you ask, will probably remove the old one, and install the new one, without charging you for that work.

Example: $24 US at BestBuy for:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-super-multi-24x-internal-dvdrw-cd-rw-drive-black/2691169.p?skuId=2691...

should be a suitable replacement.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation