Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help!  I have a HP Pavilian Desktop PC.  It came with windows 7 on it.  I upgraded to windows 10 during the free period.  It was running fine until 2 days ago.  The DVD player would not recognize.  I followed instructions from Microsoft about how to resolve this.  When the computer rebooted, it goes to a blue screen that says something about no accessible boot device.  Any way to fix this so I can get back into my computer?  I know the hard drive is good.  I did the test and it said there was no problem.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello,

What is the model number of the product.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

***Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP***

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

p7-1003w is the model number.  It came with windows 7 on it.  When the Windows 10 free upgrade was available, I upgraded the computer to Windows 10.  It was working fine until the problem started where it would not recognize the boot device.

HP Recommended

I have tried to call support, and am getting the run around with support.  Microsoft has told me that I need to contact HP because it is an HP problem.

HP Recommended

I searched and got this, you may try it to fix the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhHBdBD_92A

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

The above video does not help.  When the computer restarts, I get screen that says "Preparing to automatically repair".  From there, I get a scree that says Choose Your keyboard layout.  From there, the screen freezes and I have no options to choose anything or go any further.  

HP Recommended

I cannot get to the command prompt to be able to do the registry restore.

HP Recommended

This is what Microsoft has to say :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-pc-is-stuck-in-an-error-loo...

I think the boot files are an issue for which you may have to install Windows 7 again and upgrade to 10.

However before that I would suggest you to turn off the pc and reseat the HDD cables and disconect teh DVD cables and then start the pc.

Hoping this might help.

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the HP did not come with a boot disk and I did not make a windows 7 Disk.  Is it possible to purchase that item?  If so, what is the cost?

HP Recommended

You can do that online rightaway.

Use the following link and scroll down to the option which says Order Recovery Media.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-p7-1000-Desktop-PC-series/5080737/model/...

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.