cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
okdog
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Computer won't always boot up at start (HP Pavilion)

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1534
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Computer lockes up somtimes when turning on, have to hold down power button and do a restart to get it to come on

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @okdog,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the post regarding the computer freezing or locking up while powering on. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Splendid description, brilliant troubleshooting and great observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

• Did this happen recently after a power outage or surge?
  • Does it happen in the bios?
  • Please explain in detail as to what you mean by the computer locking up while powering on?
  • Do you not see anything on the computer?

For now please perform a hard reset on the computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c01463028 and check if that fixes the issue.

Then please update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p7-1500-desktop-pc-series/5330777/model... please select the correct operating system and check if the issue gets resolved.

Please perform all the steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-p7-1500-desktop-pc-series/5330777/model/5331454/doc... and follow the steps if the issue persists.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.

Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation