Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 20
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 20 touch screen system.  I am trying to locate the wireless signal from my new modem, which is a 5.0 and it is not showing up on my network.  What needs to be done?

Thank you

Mario

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mario7102

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy 20 touch screen PC and it is unable to locate the wireless signal from the new modem which works on 5 GHz network. I'll do my best to help.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Is it a modem or a router?
  • Do other devices/computers (iv available) connect to the modem?
  • Does the PC detect other networks?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the steps as described in detail from this link

Please feel free to reply. I'll be here to help you. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have a modem from ATT.  My ENVY20 product code is 00179-60197-57815-AAOEM.  My samsung phone can see the 5.0 signal.  No other HP computers in the house (3 total) can see the 5.0 modem.

Thank you for your assistance

Mario Accardo

HP Recommended

@Mario7102

Thanks for replying. 🙂

But the product code you sent me is the not the PC model number. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps:

1. Go to Desktop mode
  2. Select Charms > Settings > PC Info
  3. Click Device Manager (located in the top left of screen)
  4. Click the > sign to expand the Network adapters entry.
  5. Right-click the wireless adapter and click Properties.
  6. Click the Advanced tab, click 802.11n mode, under value Select Enable.

Let me know. Thanks again!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.