cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mario7102
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Connecting to a 5.0 wireless signal

HP Recommended
HP Envy 20
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 20 touch screen system.  I am trying to locate the wireless signal from my new modem, which is a 5.0 and it is not showing up on my network.  What needs to be done?

Thank you

Mario

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,531
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mario7102

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy 20 touch screen PC and it is unable to locate the wireless signal from the new modem which works on 5 GHz network. I'll do my best to help.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Is it a modem or a router?
  • Do other devices/computers (iv available) connect to the modem?
  • Does the PC detect other networks?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the steps as described in detail from this link

Please feel free to reply. I'll be here to help you. Cheers! 🙂

Mario7102
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a modem from ATT.  My ENVY20 product code is 00179-60197-57815-AAOEM.  My samsung phone can see the 5.0 signal.  No other HP computers in the house (3 total) can see the 5.0 modem.

Thank you for your assistance

Mario Accardo

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,531
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mario7102

Thanks for replying. 🙂

But the product code you sent me is the not the PC model number. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps:

1. Go to Desktop mode
  2. Select Charms > Settings > PC Info
  3. Click Device Manager (located in the top left of screen)
  4. Click the > sign to expand the Network adapters entry.
  5. Right-click the wireless adapter and click Properties.
  6. Click the Advanced tab, click 802.11n mode, under value Select Enable.

Let me know. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation