cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vigi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Corrupt Recovery Partition?

I have a Pavillion P6310Y

I tried to recover from hard drive and created recovery disks, and still i have missing windows 7 .dll files. I know this because i tried installing Microsft Office 2007, and said can't intall windows missing, xxx.dll (don't remember the exact .dll).

Is this a corrupt sector or maybe a faulty hard drive, either way if i buy a new hard drive how to i recover my system?  I'am out of warranty. I dont really care about getting files back, i just want to be able to install windows 7 again with out having to pay 200.00 for a new copy. :Crying:

Windows 7 home premium 64bit is my operating system.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
44,683 38,140 3,339 14,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery Disks will install on a new hdd.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Level 2 kindall
Level 2
9 9 2 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Vigi sorry that you are having this issue. The only to get this issue corrected is to do a clean install with the recovery disc. You have a corrupt file the hard is fine. Please call in to our customer support to purchase the disc from HP. The disc start at 15 dollars depending on your shipping options. Please call 800-474-6836 to purchase the disc.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

HP Support 800-474-6836
0 Kudos
legslaroo
Level 1
15 10 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i bought the recovery disk and they keep saying restoration incomplete...why wont they work?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation