cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
10 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Corrupted reinstallation of my Pavilion a6009n Desktop....

HP Recommended

Hello to all... I decided to do a reinstall of my Windows Vista(32bit) OS. I have the Recovery Discs ordered from HP when I forgot my Windows Password. I've done it many times before but this time something is very wrong!! It went normally but I noticed some missing steps; it didn't ask for a key, it didn't go to the part when it asks you for a user name and password, setting the clock and time zone,a few other things I can't recall now. It would reformat the HD , reinstall the Programs that are packaged with it(they're missing---- Norton AV trial, all the extra crap you never use like AOL setup, eBay, etc. Then it would get stuck at the TFullScreen(the page that tells you to wait till it finishes configuring.  I started over about 3 times and same thing; did the chkdsk and memtest which came out OK(well the chkdsk completed but I can't find the results:smileyvery-happy: anyways there's a lot more but right now it's working but when I log in, the annoying ProcessTimer appears in the right upper corner, something appears top of screen that says: 72NAv3PrA1( software build) Adobe Flash PLayer_9.0.28_01_ALL-ALL-WW, and it's stuck at 26%. Clicked on it and it said something like Pause Cooking? I'm Stumped.......

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go this from a support document.... Your PC has nvidia chipset ... check if it has a seagate baracudda or Smasung hard drive. If so, it's probably the part in red that's affecting your PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00881405

Recovery process freezes when using recovery discs

If the recovery process stops responding when using discs, check the following:
    Clean the discs with disc cleaner or scratch filler and try again.
    Check that the data on the discs are good. You can use HP Hardware Diagnostics to check the CD/DVD drive for data test. Another simple method you can use: copy all the files from the disc to a directory on a hard drive (using any computer).
    If an error opens or the file transfer process stops responding, the data on the disc is bad and the discs need to be replaced.
    Some computers with NVIDIA chipsets may experience a hang early in the formatting or copying process if a newer (than originally shipped) generation hard disk drive has been used to replace the original primary drive. This issue has been seen with Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 and 7200.12 series drives, as well as some Samsung models. There have been no issues reported with newer drives from Hitachi and Western Digital. This only affects computers with a software build ID that starts with 71, 72, or 73 (built in 2006/2007). The build ID can be found on a label adhered to the bottom of the computer case. Replace the hard drive with a compatible drive to recover these computers from recovery discs. Replaced drives can be used as secondary storage devices. Under certain conditions when the hard drive has been replaced or the BIOS updated, a system recovery might not be possible. When this happens, contact HP - the computer might require service or a hard drive replacement.
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!! Yes, my PC has a SeaGate Barracuda 7200.10 and the onboard chipset is a NVidia GeForce 6150 n430 . The issue is gone...I don't know if the way I fixed it is good for the PC, but anyway it works now....The only way I could think of was to go into the Registry, Service and Task Manager and basically deleted the problem(s) It works normally now, but I guess I can't use my Recovery Discs now? What about my HD; does it need to be replaced?   Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated!!!:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would remove the hard drive you have in there now, install a new hard drive anduse recovery to put a new system image on it, and then put the original drive back in and use it as a second hard drive. It is still good.

I don't think your hard drive "needs" to be replaced. But I would use the setup I gave above in case you ever need to use recovery again... that is, two drives - one for recovery and the original drive as a second storage device.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The same "error 1005" for me.

Problem solved by low formating the 250 g. drive, i made 1 large partition  active, check for bad sectors, repair if any .

(some are made by virus, writing zero to the drive remove bad sectors) and very important try another dvd  (it is a ide on pavilion a6009n).

i tried again the Vista home premiun reinstall disk from HP it booted ok no problem it took more than 4 hours to get my computer working, i had a blue screen stating power supply conflict, restarted machine it then finished install ok

The ERROR 1005 is a read-write error or interruption by bad sectors.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation