cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Terminator14 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling Sound With Realtek High Def. Audio Driver?

HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just recently encountered a problem where my speakers are playing/making crackling/popping sounds. However, I know this is because of my computer because I hooked my speakers up to my phone and it worked perfectly fine. I'm also aware that if I play a sound over bluetooth the sound doesn't happen. I've run the trouble shooting program 10 times, and after it caused my system sounds to termporarly stop working (fixed by restarting computer) I stopped running it. I believe this is being caused by the Realtek High Definition Audio driver, however im not positive. I've tried going to Device Manager and updating it but it doesnt solve the problem, in fact while trying all this it actually got worse. Before 5 days ago I had never had this problem, and my computer came with Windows 10 installed. I have also noticed that it mostly occurs with my left speaker and hardly at all with my right. I have a HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop, and i've had it for around a year. Any reccomendations on what to do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling Sound With Realtek High Def. Audio Driver?

Hi@Terminator14,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I was going through your post and understand that you need assistance in cracking sound on the PC. Is that, right? I will be glad to help you.

Since the audio seems to work fine with the earphones, Then I believe the issue could be a hardware issue.

Please use the link below for further assistance.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope that answers you the question. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation