cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Proxcause
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

DISCover Game Console starts with XP

HP Recommended

Does anyone know how to remove the DISCover game console from startup.  It significantly delays my startup.  I cannot find it in my configuration, yet it starts and appear with the following processes C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscStreamHub.exe, C:\Program Files\DISC\DISCover.exe, and C:\Program Files\DISC\GameGuide\browser\DiscoverSA.exe.  These programs do not appear in "Add/Remove Programs".  Thanks Proxcause

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RasterBlaster
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To remove the DISCover software:

1. Click Start on the taskbar.
  2. Click Control Panel .
  3. Click Add or Remove Programs .
  4. Select DISCover from the list of programs and then click the Remove button.
  5. Follow any onscreen instructions.

Removing Discover from add remove programs is supposed to remove the other items as well. If not, system restore back to when things were intact and try uninstalling it again.

Message Edited by RasterBlaster on 12-17-2008 01:11 PM
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
c0rnel
Level 7
1,250 1,250 77 144
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Go to start, run and type "msconfig" without the qoutes, then hit enter and go to the Startup tab on top next to Tools. Go down the list, find the items you're looking for and uncheck them then click apply, close and restart the pc.
0 Kudos
Proxcause
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I had tried your suggestion to no avail.  I have gone back and confirmed that DISCover.exe nogui is "not checked" as a startup item.  Your help is appreciated.  Do you have another suggestion on how to get DISCover out of my startup. Thanks Proxcause
0 Kudos
c0rnel
Level 7
1,250 1,250 77 144
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You delete the program file folder from C:/Program File.

You can also check int he registry under HKE Local Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run and HKE Current User/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run.

Also look under under the services tab in msconfig and check where it says "hide all microsoft services" and see if there's any services related to it.

Also try to download Revo Uninstaller free and see if it's on that list.

0 Kudos
Kalt
Level 12
4,535 4,501 384 1,084
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Download Hijack This and remove it easily.
Message Edited by Kalt on 12-17-2008 02:36 PM
0 Kudos
RasterBlaster
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To remove the DISCover software:

1. Click Start on the taskbar.
  2. Click Control Panel .
  3. Click Add or Remove Programs .
  4. Select DISCover from the list of programs and then click the Remove button.
  5. Follow any onscreen instructions.

Removing Discover from add remove programs is supposed to remove the other items as well. If not, system restore back to when things were intact and try uninstalling it again.

Message Edited by RasterBlaster on 12-17-2008 01:11 PM
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Proxcause
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to thank all of you that responded (amazing how fast I got answers).  It was unusual that the program did not show up in add remove programs.  However your suggestion worked and peace has been restored to my humble network.  SOLVED.  This support forum is fantastic. Warmest Regards Proxcause

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation