cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
urika
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

DQ965GF motherboard headers

Trying to put a DQ965DF motorboard in an older HP a767c case that contained an Asus PTGD1-LA mobo.

Are the mobo header pinouts common (and compatible) among mobo's (i.e. front panel header, front panel audio, usb's, etc.)?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,227
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes the headers are the same.

But check the power connections, sometimes the pins are placed in different positions with in the header.

Some MoBo's will have a reset button connection on the header and others won't.

The most important are the power button connectors, obviously you want to get that right.

If you need help identifying these terminals, post again and I can try and look them up for you.

They also appear to be the same form factor (I took a quick look), meaning that they are both square at 9.6 x 9.6 inches and are referred to as Micro ATX boards.

I would be surprised if they were anything else, most commercial computers use this form factor as the next size up requires very large cases that most would sit on the floor and find the case way to large.

One other thing, the small aluminum plate that snaps into place on the back side of the panel is most likely different between the tow MoBo's.

Do you have the finishing plate from the case that contained the DQ965DF MoBo ? The plates just snap in and out...

Here is an example of one from eBay _ most are different between manufacturers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-646091-001-p6-2000ukm-Motherboard-IO-Shield-/360481149621

urika
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks, HaggisCat..  Got everything all sorted out and up and running. Yes I did have the correct I/O shield.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,227
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That was easy... :Surprise: :generic:

Usually when doing a major switch like changing out a MoBo, there is always some little snag that comes up. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation