Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since buying the computer, unable to use DVD player. Inserting a DVD simply does nothing other clicking sound.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have been made to believe that I require to click an item to start play, according to PCWorld Technician who is unwilling to devolge what it is. Anyone no what tjis is?

HP Recommended

Greetings @Bobby26

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I see you are unable to play DVD on your computer. Happy to help. 

May I know the troubleshooting steps tried?

Is the DVD being listed in Windows explorer or file explorer?

Which media player as you using to watch the DVD?

Have you tried any 3rd party media players like VLC?

Recommend you to check the disc for scratches, logging off the internet, disconnecting any external devices while playing the disc and check. 

Open file explorer and check if the DVD is listed. 

For other troubleshooting steps, please refer to this article for assistance. 

Also, make sure all the drivers and software are updated by using HP Support Assistant.

You can also refer to these below articles for assistance.

HP PCs - Drive Cannot Read Discs (Windows 10, 😎

HP PCs - Resolving DVD and Blu-ray Movie Problems (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.