Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (7,165 Views)

Daisy chained 2 monitors, but both display the same page (show as #1) in the control panel.

I have daisy-chained 2, 27" monitors to my laptop through a VGA splitter.  Only problem is now both 27" monitors are displaying the same page.  I want 1 monitor to be #1, and the other to be #2 and can't seem to do that in Personalization under Control Panel.  I have the laptop monitor off.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 5 (7,160 Views)

Re: Daisy chained 2 monitors, but both display the same page (show as #1) in the control panel.

That's what most (or all?) splitter does - duplicate the display.
Also - with vga + 27" you'll get a resolution problem.
There are limitations for vga like:
1920 x 1440 @80Hz Maximum Resolution
or
2048x1536 at 60Hz

What do you have for ONE 27"?
2,560 x 1,440 ?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Associate Professor
Message 3 of 5 (7,159 Views)

Re: Daisy chained 2 monitors, but both display the same page (show as #1) in the control panel.

Hi again,

If you don't have high requirements for monitor settings you can try one of these:
http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/100-U2-UV19-TR.pdf
http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Universal-Multi-Display-Adapter-Black/dp/B002F9NSMQ/ref=pd_cp_e_1
http://aluratek.com/usb-2-0-high-resolution-vga-adapter

They will use your current graphics device.

HTH
V.
Student
Message 4 of 5 (7,149 Views)

Hi there, I have 1280x720 at 60

So, you're saying I can go get an adapter to split the screens?  Thank you!

Associate Professor
Message 5 of 5 (7,141 Views)

> I have 1280x720 at 60
If you can't change the display to 'Dualview' then you have a splitter who just duplicate the display.
I've no experience with splitters, so I can't say if there are some who can do what you want. Or was there any software to install?

>I have daisy-chained 2, 27" monitors
Why daisy-chained? Why not parallel?
I have only read about DisplayPort version 1.2 that can daisy-chain connection with multiple monitors.

You have a laptop - you can use a docking station with two display outputs and use two moniotrs then - that's how we do it.
Else you can use an adapter like mentioned above.

HTH
V.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation