cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ocarton Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Default BIOS Password

Hello everybody,

I got into real trouble trying to upgrade my Touchsmart 600-1030fr to Windows 8. Due to a graphic card driver incompatibility, I can't see anything on my computer after the start screen displays (the one with the blue window).

I found out that a modification in the BIOS may solve this issue, but my BIOS asks me for a password. I tryed to reset this password by removing and replacing the mainboard battery. Although it told me that the BIOS has been reversed to factory settings, the password is still there.

Does any of you know what is the factory settings password?

By the way, I have read the forum but

• The 12345 password found here does not work
  • the text that states

"NOTE:If a new non-HP BIOS is installed, and a power-on password is used, and you cannot remember the password to start the computer, see the motherboard specification support document for your computer model to find password reset instructions to clear BIOS passwords."
des not help me as my computer documentation does not give me any hint about the motherboard specification and this is a genuine HP BIOS.

Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Provost
Provost
9487 9430 1669 4687
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Default BIOS Password

Here are the specs for your HP TouchSmart 600-1030fr Desktop Computer and it's Pegatron IPP7A-M5 (E60) motherboard. Please follow these instructions;

The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may use this jumper to clear the password settings.

To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:

1.Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.

2.Locate the jumper labeled CLEAR P.W.

3.Move the jumper on jumper PSWD to pins 3-1.

4.Wait approximately 10 seconds and then return the jumper to pins 5-3.

5.Plug in the power cord and turn ON the computer.

6.Hold down the F10 key during the startup process to enter BIOS setup. You will not be asked for a password.

Diagrams can be found on the "motherboard specs" page for your computer.

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
ocarton Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Default BIOS Password

Thanks a lot, : it took me some time to reach the jumper, but your steps worked perfectly.

I could reach the BIOS and swith from SATA to IDE which in turn seems to have a positive influence on my Windows 8 update (it is currently autorepairing - I hope it will succeed).

0 Kudos
einjelhart Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Default BIOS Password

how about for hp beats special edition is there a way to reset the password. this is a new bought laptop for my boss and it has a password when he tried to open this laptop. can you help me about this. 

thank you

0 Kudos
namwerambvukuta Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Default BIOS Password

How can remove bios password for Hp 240
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation