cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gech
Just joined
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Default printer on T610

HP Recommended

Hello,

When my thin client T610 (windows XP embedded) connect remotely on machine via RDP it sets windows XPS2 for default printer. There is a network printer which is used for default on the machine. But the driver doesn't work on the thin client, so I can't install it there. And when u let the client goes to sleep, or restart, next login the default printer is set to the XPS2. How can I set the default printer which is on the remote machine?

4 REPLIES 4
shtce
Level 3
Level 3
90 86 0 6
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
How many printers installed on the remote system?
====================================================
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
gech
Author
Just joined
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Only this one. It's HP 1102 WiFi, connected to WiFi router inside the work network (in access point mode) . And the standard printer which are preinstalled in windows 8.  

shtce
Level 3
Level 3
90 86 0 6
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried to install the Universal Printer Driver on the thinclient?

You can find UPD at the following URL.

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/cache/576122-0-0-225-121.html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r000...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Tags (1)
gech
Author
Just joined
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will try.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation