Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NeedsHelp4 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop All Sound is Mono

HP ENVY 750-435
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just got my new HP Envy in the mail. Everything's working fine except for the sound. I noticed something was a little off with the audio. On further inspection, I noticed that audio was coming through as mono and not stero. This is the case for the line out (green) on the back of the computer and the front head phone jack. It's really odd because I can't find a setting that sets the audio to mono. This is my setup in DTS Audio Control:

DTS Sound.PNG

As you can see, it's set to stero. I've already updated the Realtek driver which didn't solve the issue, and I have checked the balance on the Speaker properties.

Any help or suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 921 1398
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop All Sound is Mono

Hello, @NeedsHelp4 – Hope you are well :)

Thanks for reaching out. This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you are having audio issues with the new HP Envy. Try using the HP guided solutions to try and fix the issue. Check here: http://hp.care/2dp5pwy

If the issue still persists, try the steps below:

• Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
  • Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on “Realtek high definition audio CODEC” (It might be a different brand as well) and select “Update driver software”.
  • Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
  • Select “High Definition Audio Device” (Not Realtek High Def...  This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”.
  • Once windows have successfully updated the driver software, try playing the audio again and check.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation