Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop All in One Screen Not Turning On

HP Envy 23 Touchsmart (Costco)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

My desktop's (HP Envy 23 Touchsmart) screen is not turning on. The computer itself turns on but the screen doesn't. I have tried a hard reset, which didn't work. I have been having problems since I installed the latest windows update which was yesterday 7/16/16, I then uninstalled those updates and it began working fine again. I went away for a while then came back and the screen wouldn't turn on. Can someone help me out. Also if you are also having this problem, whether it be from the windows update or the screen problem, please share so they know. 

Please note that I have seen the following as well. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph04760

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02217843

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, I picked up my new All in One yesterday.  Installed Windows 10, everything seemed fine but today I too am having this issue.  In a brief window of the screen being on I have gone into settings and changed the display turn off to never, probably not a good option but is allowing me to use the computer.  Would like a fix pretty quickly!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 846
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @byusufafg, and @SuzyM1,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand that your screen went blank after some Windows updates and that after uninstalling them, the display was fine again, only to later go blank once more after a period of time.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

It sounds as if one of the Windows updates is not compatible. You can try uninstalling them again or use HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎 to rollback, but then you need to make sure the problematic update does not install itself again.  To help with that issue, please see: How to Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 10 - howtogeek.com

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is not exaclty how it happened. The computer was working fine, I then installed those updates and it wasn't working properly (the group policy client stopped working, it was also slow but the screen turned on). I then removed those updates by bringing it back to an earlier build, then it was working fine as usual. I then turned off the computer, went away for a while and when I turned it back on the screen wouldn't turn on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 846
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you running a Tech Preview build or a production build?  In general unless you configure your system to prevent it, Windows updates will occur automatically in Windows 10, so it is quite possible that when you reverted, the same updates were applied again.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, I am not running a production build. And that did not happen. I have had this computer for less than 2 and half years and this has happened. In all honesty it is appalling, the quality of the parts is awful. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation