cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Maddog45
Level 1
8 5 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Desktop Reboots Multiple Times Before Fully Booting Up

HP Recommended
Pavillion HPE h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Last month, my HP Pavillion h8-1360t starting having issues during cold boots and reboots.   Specifically, after pushing the power button or coming up from a reboot, the computer will appear to be booting (fans on and hard drives spinning up) but no monitor image.   Then the computer shuts off for 10-15 seconds then starts booting again.   This can go on for up to 6 cycles (so far) before video comes on and full boot-up is achieved.   Once fully booted, there are no further problems with operation or performance.   Any ideas what is causing this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
dinu777
Level 6
Level 6
392 390 28 85
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

>>I hope the problem is with the cooling fan or with the processor 

>>please fallow the instruction doing the test System Diagnostics (F2)

>>this would find you a solution 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP employee
Tags (1)
Maddog45
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Removing the video card did not fix the problem. This is what I've done thus far:

1.  Restored computer to factory state (reinstalled OS and programs).

2.  Reset BIOS to factory default settings.

3.  Removed the video card and used on-board video (DVI to VGA adapter). Note that my 27" monitor could not display the desktop correctly (no taskbar, start orb, etc.) and I never could get it to display properly despite adjusting settings on controller and monitor.

4.  Diagnostics (F2) found no problems.

5.  Reseated memory.

6.  Moved DIMMs to different slots.

Note:  During each reboot cycle, all fans (power supply, chassis, CPU) start/stop along with the reboot cycling, however, the green indicator light on the back of the power supply stays continuously lit - does not turn off/on, blink, or change colors.

0 Kudos
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,281 123 369
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Maddog45 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation