Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23b090ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just increased the memory from 2+4GB to 8+8GB and now I cannot turn on the All in One. The switch at the left side does not light up when power is connected although the power is to the motherboard with the small light above the socket is lit.

I have tried replacing the old memory and that does not have any effect also I have read that removing the hard drive may cure the problem that also does not make any difference.

Anybody have advice on this please

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please elaborate on what " increased the memory from 2+4GB to 8+8GB" means. I cannot claim to understand it.  

Please also elaborate on what you mean by "motherboard with the small light above the socket is lit".

Do you mean on the left side I/O panel or the power button?

Looking at the inner PC shows a single memory slot under the memory shield. 

A damaged memory module will not allow the PC to power on.  You may have inadvertently damaged the memory module.

Was the 8 GB module a guaranteed compatible memory module?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello Erico, thank you for your reply I will clarify, the 23-b090ea was supplied with 2 RAM slots 1x 4GB and 1x 2GB, video editing ran very slowly so I got a RAM check from Crucial and bought 2x 8GB modules. The PC is limited to 16GB.

After powering down I removed the rear cover and cover over RAM removed the 2 units and replaced with 8GB, put covers back plugged in power and the on button did not switch on so took the back cover off. The light I referred to is close by where the power plugs into PC. There is no power cable or bulb by the on/off switch.

I have put the original memory back and still cannot get the PC to switch on.

Read somewhere that it could be stored power that is stopping it working but don't understand that.

Can you offer any further help

HP Recommended

Try the troubleshooting on the following HP web document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-23-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/5295897/model/531517...

According to HP for your PC from the specifications:

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel memory architecture

• Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets

• PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)

• PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)

• PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600 - with select Ivy Bridge CPUs only)

• Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered

• Supports 1 GB, 2 GB and 4 GB DDR3 SO-DIMMs

• Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit PCs

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* PCs

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.