cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Antonellaaa
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Desktop disappeared

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I think I changed something and now I can see just the desktop with the squares. where is the other desktop? How to see both?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jash
Level 3
Level 3
44 44 0 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

To start with please try pressing " Windows logo and letter D" together, that will show you the destop screen.

If this does not resolve, please try performing a system restore on your PC that may resolve this issue. 

System Restore enables you to change a collection of Microsoft Windows system files to a configuration that existed at a particular point in time. No personal data files, such as email, documents, or pictures, are lost or changed.

Use the following steps to restore your computer when Windows does not open normally.

1. Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.
  2. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
  3. If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
  4. On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
    Figure : Choose your keyboard layout
  5. On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot .
    Figure : Choose an option
  6. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options .
    Figure : Troubleshoot
  7. On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore .
    Figure : Advanced options
  8. Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.
    Figure : System Restore
    The System Restore window opens.
  9. Click Next .
    Figure : System Restore window
  10. Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next .
    The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
  11. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
    Figure : Confirm your restore point
  12. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.
    Figure : Do not interrupt warning
  13. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

For moere info please visit the link below. 

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

I work for HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation