Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (320 Views)

Desktop freezes and I can't reformat.

Product Name: Pavilion Elite e9180f
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
So last Saturday I left my computer on to go out for awhile, which I've done before. But when I came back home, my computer was working fine for a few minutes then everything began to stop loading and everything program froze. I just did a hard reboot because the start button wasn't working.
When it booted up, same thing happened. It's good for a couple minutes then nothing seems to work.
I've tried starting in all the different safe modes, and they all freeze after a few minutes.
When it freezes my mouse and keyboard still work, but after awhile I cant even do ctrl+alt+delete. Then the mouse becomes the circle and just says something is loading.
I tried to reformat it to an earlier date, but when I choose a date I want to go back too, when I click OK the screen just closes and nothing happens. I've even borrowed my friends Windows 7 installation disc, but I can't even uninstall or install because it's freezes 10% in and says it's loading but nothing happens.
I'm not that tech savvy, so I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (318 Views)

Re: Desktop freezes and I can't reformat.

Edit: sorry if there's any typos, I'm posting from my phone since my computer freezes.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (272 Views)

Re: Desktop freezes and I can't reformat.

tired of buying computers that freze after a year

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation