Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've aligned my desktop icons where I want them and then I click on 'align to grid'.  All is well for a while.  At no special point, when I come back to the computer (which I've left powered up) a majority of the icons have shifted to the left side of the screen.  There are still two or three that stay where I had put them.

HELP

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Magbwill

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the icons keep changing the location on their own. Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

May I know the product number of your computer? Open HP Support Assistant to get the product number on your screen. 

Please do a right-click on the empty area of your desktop. 

Select View and under View, you will have an option to auto-arrange icons. 

Please uncheck it and it should resolve the issue you are facing. 

Sometimes the location of the icons changes if you connect any additional display to your computer (Extended or duplicate.)

Please refer to this HP Forums post were the issue was resolved by unchecking the option to auto arrange. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You asked for product #..........it is 750-124

Your suggestion was fine except that 'auto-arrange' has been unclicked from the beginning 'cause I like to spread the icons around in certain 'sets'.............

Meanwhile, the problem hasn't happened again, but when/if it does, I'll holler.

Thanks for your help.............it's most appreciated.

Maggie

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please keep me posted if the reoccurs. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.