Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Z230 FF Workstatio
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I purchased a bluetooth headset (Skullcandy Crusher), as well as a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle (Insignia). The dongle's instructions said to go to a broadcom download link, but apparently they no longer supply drivers. So, I then used windows to update the dongle's driver, in the dongle's properties in Device Manager, and it was successful. Under Devices and Printers -> Bluetooth Devices, my headset was found and added, but it will not pair. Under the headset's properties, I get the following message:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

It tries to troubleshoot, but is unsuccessful. I contact both manufacturers. Skullcandy says to update the dongle's drivers and it should connect. There are no drivers for the headset, it is "plug and play". Insignia says that there are no supplied drivers because the dongle's they supply are now "plug and play. I inquire to Skullcandy again, and they say that I need to update my PC's drivers. I just responded asking if the headset will pair with Bluetooth 4.0, just to make sure.

I could not find any bluetooth drivers on this website, and when searching the internet for similar problems ("bluetooth adapter won't connect to headset"), all of the driver's links on other websites (Gateway, HP, etc) are broken or no longer available. I ran windows update before trying to pair the two. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the dongle's drivers and removed/added the headset.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You won't be able to find driver for Skullcandy device on HP websites UNLESS this device is PRE-INSTALLED on HP machines.  Hope this make sense.

Now, back to Skullcandy device, they should supply the right driver otherwise please return and get your money back and buy a different one.

In theory Windows generic driver for BT should work but I did post my story before: I had to buy Microsoft BT mouse for my Microsoft Surface because my Ligitech and Dell BT mice could not work properly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

Others with the same issue with their headsets (none were skullcandy), a few posts pointed to there being no driver's for the actual headset, it's the issue with the dongle or PC. I'll try the dongle on my Windows 8 laptop at home to see if it pairs.

Skullcandy just told me that the headset uses Bluetooth 4.1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.