cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WaluQ
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disable external VGA still on-board cant display

HP Compaq 8100 small form fact
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need help fixing my computer. I bought my computer with an external (expansion) VGA card with a wide connector. When I lost the wide connector cable I needed to disable the expansion card so I could use the on board instead. I then borrowed a Friend's wide connector and disabled all PCI options in Bios under device security. When I tried to swich on the computer, it will not display anything any more.

I tried removing the Bios Battery and waiting for about 5 minutes and put it back still nothing displaying. The computer just keeps making beeping sounds. I have tried removing the expansion card  and connecting to the on board VGA but still getting beeps and after a few seconds, the internal fun(or the power pack fun) makes loud sounds as if about to go mad or maybe bursting so I switched of the computer.

Please help resolve

Specs:
Processor: i7
RAM: *8 GM
HDD: 1TB

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation