cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wenj
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Disk Failure SATA2; Disk Attribute B8

HP Recommended

Hi everyone!

I'm experiencing a hard disk failure on my HP Pavillon P7-1010D.

Whenever I start my computer, a warning message pops up indicating the "Disk Failure: SATA2, and Disk Attribute: B8".

There's also an option to press F1 to boot my computer so I can continue using it normally, but after several seconds, a warning window shows up suggesting to back-up my files due to hard disk failure.

How can I resolve this without going thru such back-up? I had this computer for just a litte year ago, and I'm saddened that I'm encountering this problem. Please help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
lasvegaswireman
Level 15
9,487 9,432 1,671 4,708
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please see this "Wikipedia article on S.M.A.R.T." for a list of error codes and their meanings. Basically your hard dive has failed or is about to fail. If the computer is still under warranty, contact HP Customer Support for service. If the computer is no longer under warranty, replace the drive with a new 3.5 inch SATA2 7200rpm drive of at least 500GB in size. Hopefully you have already created your personal set of HP Recovery Discs. If not, you will have to contact HP to order a set.

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation