Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (302 Views)

Display driver update problem

[ Edited ]

I have always wanted to ask on the forums, but i always forget. Subject says it all. When i first got the computer it was fine. Then my screen started to flicker resolution its difficult to explain it would go black and come back all grainy looking then when i hit the menu button on my tv it would go back to normal. After a year or so it asks to update display driver it crashes my pc and when it restarts intself and comes back the resolution is horrible all big icons and stuff I utterly refuse too update it now.  Before you ask, yes i made sure it was correct driver update and i also did it on a regular monitor bc right now im using a philips 42'' tv. Ive even tried factory restoring didnt work either. I get the blue screen everytime. Not sure if its my graphics card, or my PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard

its an HPE-410f

Serial #: {Removed for privacy}

product #: BM424AA#ABA

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 3 (267 Views)

Re: Display driver update problem

Assuming you have an ATI/AMD graphics card installed, download and install AMD Catalyst Display Driver version 12.1.  If this does not resolve your issue, the graphics card may be faulty and a replacement required.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (261 Views)

Re: Display driver update problem

The diplay driver update "is" the problem, but unfortunatly i will problably have to replace my motherboard and/or the graphics card. I will problably replace both. Ive already went through 3 graphic cards all the same type of course ATI Radeon HD series 5570. I went through the one i had when i bought it, then hp sent me a new one (which turned out to be worse then the one i had fan was loose and making alot of noise.), and the one that was in the other computer same pc HPE-410f. To be honest i dont think its the graphics card, but who knows maybe this perticular graphics card isnt to well put together.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation