Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to write a letter.  I can't find a program for that.  I have a DVD: TOTAL PC SOFTWARE SUITE.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have any version of Windows, under Progams>Accessories you should have a program called Wordpad.

That will allow you to write and print a basic letter.

Paul

HP Recommended

Most Windows computers come with Microsoft "Notepad" which is a simple text editor and Microsoft "Wordpad" which is a basic text word processor. Both of these can be found under "Accessories" in your programs list. You could also download Open Office which is a free open source office suite.

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended
If I would want to start on a book . could I do that and would I start?
HP Recommended
How or whr to start?.
HP Recommended

I have a new pc (hp) windows 10, and want to type and print a letter.  I tried  note pad and it put words all over the place.

I then tried wordpad and it looked like it was going to work after I figured how to set the margins.  Then when typing on one line and shifted to next line it skiped an extra line.  If I typed from one line to the next without hitting enter key to shift it went to the correct line.  If trying to type name , address, city & state, phone, one over the other it skips an extra line. 

HELP ME.....

HP Recommended

how do I control the line problem?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.