Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Greylord Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does increasing RAM by approved Service Provider resind HP Warranty

Pavillion 27-n101a 27"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this All in one new, i asked the computer shop to increase RAM from factory supplied 8GB to the max possible 16GB. They tell me if they open the computer up and break the seal the warranty is null and void. Is this the case or not, i dont see the point in buying a computer and not being able to increase RAM until the warranty period ends, why make a 16GB if i can only have 8GB.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does increasing RAM by approved Service Provider resind HP Warranty

Hi @Greylord,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you have questions about upgrade the memory. I will be glad to help you.

Change to memory does mot void the warrnaty, as long as test memory.

See page 47 of the Maintenance and Service Guide.

The memory 8-GB memory module (PC3L-12800, 1600-MHz, DDR3) part number 693374-005 can be purchase from HP Part Surfer.  Select the country or region on right then enter the part number.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation