Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
workstation HP Z 400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ve got a Hp Z400 workstation. I had some server memory modules from another unit memory P/N500203-061 HP 4GB 1X4GB 1333MHZ PC3-10600 CL9 DUAL RANK ECC ...
The memory installed now in the HP workstation Z400 is 3x2 Gb Hp original memory.  Ist it possible to use 2 X4 GB modules off server memory in the Z400 workstation so i ive got 12 GB total memory...? There is 6 memory dimmplaces totally..hpmemory.jpgIf its possible how to configure?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What is the product number of your HP z400 workstation?

To upgrade memory the right  way, use the product number in HP Partsurfer.

It will show the compatible HP memory modules for your specific workstation.

HP PartSurfer

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

As you can see in the image below, there are many product numbers for an HP z400 workstation. Which one is yours?

many.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

CZC1446TN3 is the serial number number of the unit... As far i can see it should works since the spec of the server memory modules has the samme spec as the smaller 2 GB memory installed. But when i mounted the server memory  the unit beeps 5 times memory failure.. Strange,,, I will test different setup and will be back..... Maby there is something i dont understand about the memory modules or how to setup correctly... Anyone have a tip?

HP Recommended

I dismounted the 3 original 2 GB memory modules an inserted the 4 GB memory module in slot 1. The computer beeps 5 times and didn´t start at all. I tried the other 4 GB module with the same result. I think this is strange.. Why is the 4 Gb memory not working? I have no idea. It seems to be the same type and so on ... What is the difference?

HP Recommended

Take a look at the service tag that is on the rear or side of your workstation.

That is where you should be able to find the product number.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

czc1446TN3 is the serial number of the workstation , product number is kk719et#UUw. When i search for correct memory the server memory i have is not listed for this workstation. My Question is why? As far i can se the memory installed is the same type as the server memory...Is something hidden in the server memory modules?

Picture the original working modules. 

workstationminnen 2gb 2.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.