Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Downgrading Windows 10 to Windows 7 Enterprise

HP Recommended
Pav 23-Q111na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I am looking to find out if anyone has or any advice on downgrading the All In One PC (HP PAV 23-Q111na) from Windows 10 to Windows 7 Enterprise.  My company bought a few of these and unfortunately we did not realise there is no drivers on HP website for Windows 7 and has only been tested on Windows 10.

We require to put them on the domain for authentication and group / security policy reasons and Windows 7 at the moment is the defacto.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,488 23,427 2,168 5,115
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

livingstonc

Sorry, but no HP Win7 drivers means just that -- the hardware in the new HP Win10 PCs is to new to have older Win7 drivers.

There is no way to "downgrade" these machines to Win7 and guarantee that the hardware will still work.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, this was what I was expecting and appreciate a quick response. Was just hoping out of hope something could be done.

I have been looking at the support questions for this model and it looks like it might be possible for Windows 8?  What you think?

thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,488 23,427 2,168 5,115
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are no HP Win8 drivers, either.  That's more likely to work than Win7, but it still has the problem of no HP drivers.

Sorry, but to keep full functionality on your PC, you need to retain the OS version that came presinstalled.

Good Luck

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation