cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Downloaded Chrome as my browser, now I am having trouble opening the tiles on the sites.

HP Recommended
Pavilion23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am at a loss to fix this problem, I would appreciate any help that a novice can handle.

Thanks.....

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,665
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstall Chrome, and it should "revert" your computer to the time before the problem started.

Start -> Settings -> Programs -> uninstall

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,114 25,047 2,296 5,443
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Raine3

If you're going to unistall the Chrome browser anyway, you might want to consider using Chromium, instead.

I had nothing but problems using Chrome in Win10, but when I switched to using Chromium, the problems stopped.

You can get it from this link: http://chromium.woolyss.com/#top

Scroll down to the Archive 32-bit section and download chrome-win32.zip. Yeah I know that's the 32-bit version but it works better on my 64-bit systems than the 64-bit version.

Once you have that archive file, expand it. That will create a folder named: chrome-win32

Copy that folder to C:\Program Files

To launch it, create a shortcut fromthe chrome.exe file and place that on your desktop or taskbar.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks much, I have rebooted the system, lost a few items, but it's solvable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After rebooting the system, I'm going to avoid using Chrome.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation