cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 1 of 161
Flag Post

Solved!

Dream Screen weather function

HP Recommended
The weather function on my dream screen quit working 5 or 6 days ago. Other function work, and my router connection is functioning properly. Is there a problem with the Weatherbug application?
160 REPLIES 160
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue, so frustrating!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
15 15 0 0
Message 3 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. In fact I went the rout of reseting the unit and now it won't connect to upgrade. Starting to think that HP has decided to stop support for the unti.

NICE!

I'll never buy HP again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
15 14 0 2
Message 4 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have several of these devices, they all stopped getting updates from Weatherbug on 4/2.  Checking with my friends that also have dreamscreens confirms that their last update was also 4/2.

I've contacted weatherbug and HP last week and have gotten no responses.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 5 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

please post any response that you may get.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 6 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Weather app stopped working for me also.  Called HP last night and was on hold for an hour.  Then they told me they had no phone department devoted to Dreamscreen and to use the internet.  So mad!  Please post if anybody gets the Weather app working again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
15 14 0 2
Message 7 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I contacted an HP support person ("Annette") via their facebook page, and she told me to read this page:

http://bit.ly/1k5ARhQ

Sigh.  I've responded to her with more info.  Maybe I wont get such a condescending answer next time...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 12 0 1
Message 8 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. Did a factory reset....didn't help. Checked the logs in my router and see that HP DS using standard port 80. The IP address that it's trying to get the weather from is 54.85.9.167. So, I looked it up - it belongs to Amazon Technolodies. WeatherBug.com IP addresses start with 107...My guess is Amazon had some kind of contract with HP/WeatherBug.com and it expired on April 1st. Of course noone thought about us!!! 

Please post if have updates.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 9 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had same problem starting on Apr 2, and followed up immediately with WeatherBug.  To their credit, I received an email quickly from WeatherBug support team - here is the summary...

>>The prior API that is being referenced is no longer valid. The new API is located at http://api-portal.earthnetworks.com. >>The RSS feed was discontinued some time ago.

>>Regards,

>>WeatherBug Customer Care

I was not satisfied waiting for HP to fix this issue, and my wife needed her forecasts, so I was determined to create a workaround.  In short, it IS possible with some technical skill, to create your own weather data provider and have the Dreamscreen display your own weather data.

I have done just that, and am now getting my weather data to my Dreamscreen from Weather Underground.  It worked so well, I switched from local weather to actually using my own weather station data which is fed to Weather Underground.  This is NOT required for the workaround.   This turned out to be an interesting and beneficial project - my weather data is more precise now than before.

If anyone is interested in the details of How To Workaround, pls reply and I'll write up something on this forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
15 15 0 0
Message 10 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes please.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation