cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
15 14 0 2
Message 131 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, this was a fresh install of Python:

C:\Python27>python
Python 2.7.6 (default, Nov 10 2013, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Following your instructions, steps 1-3 went flawlessly.  The error popped up in step 4.

I did edit the weatherservice-config.py file,  but the path was not the same as your page indicated.  I found it here:

c:\DreamScreenWeatherApp\instance\weatherservice-config.py

I thought that was odd, but just assumed it was a small omission in your write up.

I did attemp to start the service, but got errors there too:

C:\Python27>python -m DreamScreenWeatherApp.service
2014-05-28 10:58:31,473 root         INFO:DreamScreen Weather App service startu
p
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\DreamScreenWeatherApp\service.py", line 25
, in <module>
    app.config.from_pyfile('weatherservice-config.py')
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\config.py", line 128, in from_pyfile

with open(filename) as config_file:
IOError: [Errno 2] Unable to load configuration file (No such file or directory)
: 'C:\\Python27\\var\\service-instance\\weatherservice-config.py'

-------------------

The paths "C:\python27\var"  and "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages" do not exist.  😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 132 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paulgraz,  you are correct, there is an omission in my instructions, which I've now corrected.

The errors look to be related to the directory where the service is being started.

Can you try to run the service from the C:\DreamScreenWeatherApp  directory.  

In fact, the installation should have created a file called 'start_service.bat' in that directory.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
15 14 0 2
Message 133 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That worked! 

I got the "Verified: OK" !  Now I'll move on to installing the Acryllic DNS and let you know how I get on from there...

THANKS! :generic:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 134 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes you are nearly there!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
15 14 0 2
Message 135 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed the rest of your steps, no errors.

I found an older post where you mentioned this:

"If you want to see the actual weather data use http://localhost/getLiveWeatherRSS.aspx. the page will take a few seconds and show a bit of gibberish. Don't worry. Right click on the page and View Source. There you will see formatted xml <aww> tagged data that widescreen recognizes!"

That works!  So I know my new "weather server" is working. 

Background info:

Windows PC running python/acryllic/etc:  192.168.1.2

DreamScreen 1:   192.168.1.48

DreamScreen 2:   192.168.1.49

When I set DS1 to use 192.168.1.2 as it's DNS, it seems to have no internet access at all.  pandora, HP radio, weather - all do not work.

When I set DS2 to use 192.168.1.1 as it's DNS (my router), everything works except weather.

I can ping all 3 of these devices from another PC on the network just fine tho.

It's like Acryllic isn't working.   So I think a bit - scratch my head - think a bit more - and then it hits me:  Windows Firewall!   I disabled Windows Firewall, and lo and behold - I've got weather! 

Thanks again for all your support.  I've got a non-techie friend with a DS and he's been waiting patiently for me to get this working, now I can go visit him and share the goodness...  🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 136 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Great detective work figuring out the firewall issue. As I read your post that didn't even cross my mind! I will add to my wiki to disable the windows firewall.

Your friend will be thrilled when his DS is back online!
Highlighted
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 137 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you please explain how to do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 138 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

joro71, you will find instructions at the following link:

http://www.fiospace.com/wiki/pages/y5T570/Windowsbased_Solution.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 139 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello, thanks for the response. Is there any way you can help me with this? These instructions look a little complicated for me. How do I get to the command prompt? And what do I do after that. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 140 of 161
Flag Post
HP Recommended

joro71, I encourage you to read up on Windows basics before tackling this project.  Google is the best resource for you to quickly get information, and of course, Microsoft website.  Without fundamentals of Windows, such as the Command Prompt, under your belt, this project will move very slowly.  

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation