Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline S5220Y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Drive was working perfectly with Win7 Home Premium BEFORE upgrade to Win10 Home Premium.

Now Windows does not see the drive in Deice Manager or Windows Explorer.

I assume I need updated software for Win10 for this device.  Where can I download it??

Please HELP!!  ASAP!!!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @Ladybird321,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are looking for an updated driver or firmware for the CD ROM/DVD drive in your computer for Windows 10.

Looking at the support page for your system, there are no drivers specific to Windows 10 at all. The system was sold in configurations for either Windows Vista or Windows 7.

You can check in Device Manager and see if there is an unknown device listed, and if so try removing it, and then scan for hardware changes. That may help the operating system to find an internal driver that is compatible.

Give it a try and let me know.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I did try that. Windows said the best driver was already installed. In another related forum on this site I found a registry entry change for Windows 10 and tried that it worked! Device is not recognized by Windows. I found LightScribe software elsewhere, downloaded and installed that. Now Drive is working perfectly. Thanks for your reply.
HP Recommended

Ladybird321,

Which registry entry change did you use to effect your fix?  I've seen several.

Thanks

HP Recommended

hi download dvd drive repair from rizonesoft  it works 4 windows 10 dvd rom not show up  it work

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.