Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MjR2305 Tutor
Tutor
5 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual Monitor setup help.

HP Compaq Elite 8000 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, I recently picked up a Compaq elite 8000 sff but soon realized that the power supply is not really upgradable, unless you do some serious rewiring. All I want to do is hook up a second monitor. The computer has 1 hdmi port and 1 vga port. The monitor has a vga and DVI-D port. I aready have one monitor attatched to the vga port. Are there any adaptors or workarounds for this? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45640 4311 10956
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual Monitor setup help.

Gender changing cables are available. I have used them successfully in the past. See the foillowing URL

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=vga%20to%20dvi%20adapte...

My own preference was to use two LCD displays with VGA\DVI inputs. Connect the appropriate cable to the respective video ports on the rear of a PC.  

I did that for years until DVI and HDMI became the most common inputs available on LCD displays. For super high reslution, HDMI is the way to go.

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
MjR2305 Tutor
Tutor
5 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual Monitor setup help.

Thank you for the response. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I will try this and hopefully it works!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45640 4311 10956
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual Monitor setup help.

The gender changers are quite inexpensive.
Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation