cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
skurtzal Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual monitors and display

ProDesk 400 g3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

My client purchased a new ProDesk 400 G3 to replace a defected one that they got. Everything was going fine with the replacement until I noticed that everytime you reboot the PC. The 2nd monitor turns off and when you login as a domain user. You have to manually detect the monitor in the Intel management concole. For somereason either Windows or the driver forgets when you reboot but I'm thinking it's drivers. I installed 7 other same model ProDesk's and right out of the box with the drivers and image already installed. When you plugin a scond monitor Windows won't recognize the 2nd display. I figured it out though, you have reinstalling the intel display driver and then both displays will work.

But this isn't working for the PC that I'm talking about because it resets after you reboot. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it a bunch of times. I'm almost certain that it's a driver issue because the other PC's had issues with their displays as well. Intel doesn't seem to have a updated driver out yet either so I hope that this PC isn't not deffected like the last because it's going to look bad on me when it's HP's fault. If anyone has any intelligant ideas and not repeating steps that I have already tried. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott K

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation