Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
M1895 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual monitors go black when Display Port is plugged in

HP 6200 Pro MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need to convert to dual monitors on a HP 6200 Pro MT PC with Display Port and VGA ports.  The computer displays propertly with a single monitor connected to the VGA port.  Both monitors go black when I plug in a second monitor via the Display Port.

In reading Internet documentation it is not clear if dual monitors will function from the system Display Port and VGA ports.  Forum articles address dual monitors with addition of a discrete video card (Big_Dave 2/4/2012).

Will dual monitors work from the system Display Port and VGA ports?  If yes, what procedures are required to make such configuration work?  Any ideas on why the monitors go black?  Is a discrete video card required?

Any assistance would be much apprecited as I ususally prepare income taxes and do not deal with bytes and bits.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation